HELPING HAND FOOD PANTRY
Kirksville Church of the Nazarene
Helping Hands Food Pantry
Nazarene Compassionate Ministries
27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse.
The Helping Hand Food Pantry is an extended local ministry of the Nazarene Compassionate Ministries International. Unlike our previous outreach ministry of LOVE, INC, Helping Hand will provide benevolent assistance to our local church family and friends who are in need. The biblical mandate for the Church is to care for those in affliction and need within the local body of Christ first (Gal 6:10). So we realize that times are difficult and demanding for those who struggle to pay for the rising costs of food, so Helping Hand is our way to be there for them as an extension of love from the entire congregation. Helping Hand provides frozen food and canned food as an expression of love for the church family by these simple promises:
- The food is free to our church family of members and faithful attenders
- The food is regularly available to a family in need once a month (additional use upon approval)
- The food is accessible through a pastor or leader for private or confidential distribution
- The food request should be made in advance through the church office when possible. (Sunday morning requests should be made through the Welcome Center)
- Food donations and financial gifts are always welcomed to offset the food demands and resupply needs of the church (All donations are tax deductible and much appreciated)